VERNAL--UBTech has been gifted $75,000 by the Stella H. Oaks Foundation to distribute to single mothers who are pursing an education while serving as full time care takers of their young children.
Oaks had ties to the Uintah Basin as a young professional, “She married a physician, who passed away, leaving her a young widow and Vernal is where she began her teaching degree and where she started to thrive after becoming a widow” said Shannon Woodward, Vice President of Development for the Stella H. Oaks Foundation.
The contribution will be $15,000 a year for the next five years. The funds will be used to cover both hard and soft costs of attending school, including tuition, books, scrubs, equipment, and laptops, as needed by the students.
More information on the Stella. H. Oaks Foundation can be found here: https://www.stellahoaks.org/
- Draft reopening plan released by Uintah School District
- County issues statement on confirmed cases of COVID-19 at carnival
- Smart Summer Snacks
- Having Heavy Menstrual Bleeding? It Might Be Uterine Fibroids. Here’s What You Need to Know.
- How to Clean Up Your Summer Grilling Game
- Saving Babies' Lives – The Importance of Newborn Screening in all 50 States for Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Leading Genetic Cause of Infant Death
- Savory Summer Grilling
- The push to the suburbs drives demand for smaller, flexible space away from cities
- RV Owners are the Surprise Financial Success Story of the Year
- Productive Paint Projects