VERNAL--Uintah County Sergeant Adam Gonzalez has been recognized as a Certified Jail Manager by the American Jail Association and has been selected to attend the National Jail Leadership Command Academy in Houston later this year.
“It’s 9 days long and we just have the very best in the industry come. These are absolute experts in their field and they come and they teach… To be able to be at that table, and maybe be able to contribute, but definitely be able to take back all the things that you learn, I think it puts us at a distinct advantage to serve the citizens here in the Uintah Basin.”
Sgt. Gonzalez has had a 20 plus year career in law enforcement. He is currently the only deputy in the State of Utah to be awarded the Certified Jail Manager destication.
“I’m very grateful for the opportunity. I can’t say it enough, the opportunity would not have been here if Sheriff Labrum had not put a priority on the jail and lifting the staff up, lifting up what we can do and the services we can provide… It simply wouldn’t have been an opportunity for me.”
- County issues statement on confirmed cases of COVID-19 at carnival
- Investigation on recent Homicide continues
- Uintah Graduate receives Youth Baseball Scholarship
- TCHD announces move to green phase
- Staying home? 5 tips for creating a comforting outdoor retreat
- Top Ways to Take a Safe Vacation
- Flavor Fusion
- 7 ways technology can help you make the most of your summer
- Practical Home Upgrades to Improve Function and Ambiance
- Add Natural Light to Any Room