VERNAL – Local resident and Wal-Mart employee Yasmin Love has been awarded $15,000 as the second-place prize of the ZP Challenge.
The ZP Challenge is a 21-day, life-altering challenge that encourages participants to identify goals for their own life and make the change for the better.
Love, who fought and overcame cancer during the challenge, is overwhelmed with excitement after winning the second-place prize.
“There’s validation in the hard work I’ve put forward and knowing that everything I did and everything that’s happening is because of the creator. I am so blessed to know that I can do it.”
Love works as asset protection for Wal-Mart, and first learned about the ZP Challenge on her first day on the job.
“On my first break, on my first day of training I went into the employee’s cafeteria / lounge and on the wall, it said the ZP Challenge. I downloaded the app, and that evening I started my first challenge.”
Her co-workers shared in the excitement and surprised Love at her home with the check since she has been ordered by medical officials to stay away from large groups of people due to recent surgery.
Love is one of the first participants in Utah to win a ZP Challenge award and serves as an example of how making a change can be lifesaving.
- Vernal parade cancellation
- Rollover crash south of Fort Duchesne leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Colorado man rescued from cliff near Jones Hole
- BHI building to be purchased by Uintah School District
- Travel Advisory amended by TriCounty
- Dream of summer by planning your ideal outdoor space
- Security 101: How to Buy a Professionally Monitored System
- Reports of shots fired in Naples Monday morning
- Roosevelt City offers grant for local businesses
- Flourishing in 6 dimensions: How to choose a senior living facility