VERNAL--More than 50 volunteers gathered at the Golden Age Center to assemble over 260 Sub for Seniors bags for seniors in the community who are in need this Christmas season.
“The entire community pitched in. This is not just us, this is not just the Golden Age Center, this is tons of community people” said the Sub for Senior Committee.
The bags were assembled on Tuesday and will be delivered to homes throughout Uintah County on Thursday. The contents of the bags are meant to supplement the food supply the seniors have, in addition to their ‘Meals on Wheels'. They are also receiving goodie bags full of comfort items including socks, slippers, coloring books, fuzzy blankets, soaps and pet food bags.
The Golden Age Center has been doing the Sub for Seniors program for 5 years. The first year they had 90 recipients and this year it has grown to over 260. The committee says they believe the need in the area continues to grow each year.
- Possible Shelter-In-Place order coming to Utah?
- First Uintah County COVID-19 case visited Salt Lake County before diagnosis
- TriCounty Health Announces First COVID-19 Case
- Area schools adjust graduation plans due to COVID-19
- Charity stand helps needy families amid crisis
- Interviews to fill Uintah School Board vacancy postponed
- Health Official asks public to put a stop to the rumor mill
- Uintah Basin braces for Coronavirus
- Schools expect to close for two more weeks
- Gov. Gary Herbert announces dismissal of K-12 schools and technical colleges until May 1
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.